Hosted by Mic Patterson, PhD, LEED AP+ Facade Tectonics Institute (https://facadetectonics.org/)
This podcast was brought to you by the 2020 World Congress sponsors:
Schüco USA, Kuraray America, Pohl Facades, Technoform North America, CadMakers, Clark Pacific, Eastman, Metawell, Sika, Valmont, Zak World of Facades, Eckersley O’Callaghan, Permasteelisa North America, Roschmann Group, Walter P Moore, TriPyramid, W&W Glass, Clark Construction, DOW, Ubiquitous Energy, AVRO Consult Engineering PC, Belzberg Architects, Painters and Allied Trades, Morrison Hershfield, PCI West, Sentech Architectural Systems, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger, Ventana, Viracon, WJE
Learn more about FTI: https://www.facadetectonics.org/
Support our mission by becoming a member: https://www.facadetectonics.org/membership
Continuing Education (members only)
FTI members are eligible to earn one (1) AIA LU|HSW credit for this episode.
- Identify different types of building owners and their aspirational requirements.
- Learn about the use of integrated photovoltaics in the vertical façade of a tall building, including the FKI Headquarters in Seoul, Korea.
- Learn about the application of the principles of physics to building design.
- Recognize the role of different disciplines on the design team to propose efficiencies in design and operation of the building.
- Consider the pros and cons of renovations of current building stock versus new construction and the expected life of a tall building.
To receive credit, complete the course evaluation with the correct answers. If your answers are incorrect after submitting the first time, please correct them and resubmit the form. Your form must show 100% accuracy before we can process your credit.