The Facade Tectonics Institute (FTI) is pleased to launch our long-awaited podcast series, starting with Episode 01: Passive House, a moderated discussion between Lois Arena, Director of Passive House Services at Steven Winter Associates and Spencer Culhane, Senior Building Envelope Specialist at Schüco USA. The discussion is moderated by FTI's Immediate Past President and Ambassador of Innovation and Collaboration Mic Patterson. This episode provides listeners with an understanding of Passive House as it relates to the AECO industry while acknowledging the controversy and speculation that has been so prominently demonstrated by leading organizations.
Learn more about FTI: https://www.facadetectonics.org/
Support our mission by becoming a member: https://www.facadetectonics.org/membership
Continuing Education (members only)
FTI members are eligible to earn one (1) AIA LU|HSW credit for this episode.
- Identify the design principles around passive housing.
- Learn about high performance windows and doors and the management of solar heat gain.
- Recognize the importance of natural ventilation for occupant comfort.
- Identify factors that are considered in passive house modeling.
- Distinguish between conventional curtainwalls and those designed specifically to meet passive house design principles.
To receive credit, complete the course evaluation with the correct answers. If your answers are incorrect after submitting the first time, please correct them and resubmit the form. Your form must show 100% accuracy before we can process your credit.