June 18, 2020
Special guests Steve Selkowitz of Lawrence Berkeley National Lab and Marc Lafrance of the Department of Energy.
Hosted by Mic Patterson, PhD, LEED AP+, Ambassador of Innovation and Collaboration at the Facade Tectonics Institute
Learn more about how to get involved with the DOE: https://eere-exchange.energy.gov/
This podcast was brought to you by the 2020 World Congress sponsors:
Schüco USA, Kuraray America, Pohl Facades, Technoform North America, Walter P Moore, Roschmann Group, Permasteelisa North America, CadMakers, Clark Pacific, Eastman, Metawell, Sika, Valmont, Zak World of Facades, Eckersley O’Callaghan, TriPyramid, W&W Glass, Clark Construction, DOW, Ubiquitous Energy, AVRO Consult Engineering PC, Belzberg Architects, Painters and Allied Trades, Morrison Hershfield, PCI West, Sentech Architectural Systems, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger, Ventana, Viracon, WJE
Learn more about FTI: https://www.facadetectonics.org/
Support our mission by becoming a member: https://www.facadetectonics.org/membership
Continuing Education (members only)
FTI members are eligible to earn one (1) AIA LU|HSW credit for this episode.
- Identify different programs sponsored by the Department of Energy, including the Grid-Interactive Efficient Buildings program.
- Learn about the types of energy-saving products that have been tested by LBNL for use in residential and commercial buildings.
- Learn about the tools developed by LBL to model window performance, including Window, Therm, and Radiance.
- Recognize the challenges around consumer acceptance of high performance products.
- Consider the importance of collaboration between the fenestration industry and the Department of Energy.
To receive credit, complete the course evaluation with the correct answers. If your answers are incorrect after submitting the first time, please correct them and resubmit the form. Your form must show 100% accuracy before we can process your credit.