Special guests Uta Pottgiesser of TU Delft and Angel Ayón of AYON Studio Architecture and Preservation join us to talk about their recent book, Reglazing Modernism: Intervention Strategies for 20th-century Icons, where they explore facade intervention strategies on Modern-era buildings through international case studies. Glazed facades are recognized as a defining characteristic of Modern architecture and directly linked to the “poor performance and limited longevity” characteristic of these buildings.
This episode is brought to you by Schüco USA.
Learn more about FTI: https://www.facadetectonics.org/
Support our mission by becoming a member: https://www.facadetectonics.org/membership
Continuing Education (members only)
FTI members are eligible to earn one (1) AIA LU credit for this episode.
- Become familiar with the nonprofit documentation and conservation organization, Docomomo.
- Identify the challenges that pre- and post-war buildings face to improve performance.
- Identify different strategies that can be considered to preserve heritage buildings.
- Learn about projects through case studies of projects in the United States and Europe.
- Identify different participants in the process of preservation.
To receive credit, complete the course evaluation with the correct answers. If your answers are incorrect after submitting the first time, please correct them and resubmit the form. Your form must show 100% accuracy before we can process your credit.